Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Befuddled

I am confused. I am in the middle of a situation that I feel totally unprepared to handle. I have been hanging out with this great crew of people for a while. It's been lots of fun. We do super fun things together. The guys are all wonderful to hang out with and so are many of the girls. But there are a few in that crew who just DO NOT like me. For whatever reason... I have no idea. I'm fairly easy to get along with. I've just never been in this situation. And I dealt with it for the last few months by ignoring it. I thought that if they didn't like me, I was sure there was something we would have in common and it would only be a matter of time before we hit it off.

It never was that big of a deal. But it has come to the point that I feel like I need to do something about it... either address it directly or slink my way out of the group. I feel like these chicas would be stoked that I left. I just don't understand. What is it about me that is so terrible?

3 comments:

Ashleigh Peanutpepper said...

You are beautiful, smart, attractive, kind-hearted, soulful, and funny.

Please do not allow another woman's insecurities change how you are.

My motto: in all things, be graceful.

Steph said...

Ash. You are so sweet. And so right. I guess I will plow ahead and just enjoy myself... So, does being graceful mean I continue to ignore it??

Susanne said...

Confront it. It's my new aphorism. You may find out that they just have really bad gas and they've been holding it in so long they just "seem" like they don't like you, when in fact they are about to explode with noxious fumes exploding from their intestines. Just my best guess.