Sunday, October 26, 2008

It Will Be Beautiful

I never realized how wonderful it is to be around people who have a solid relationship. People who rely in a healthy way on each other. Who communicate. Who love. Who give. It fills me up. These people adore each other and every now and then, you might catch some evidence of this. A smile between the two of them. A little moment in their day where they reach out in some visible way to show the other person their love.

There are a few relationships that thrill me like this. Certain friends of mine have these beautiful, awe-inspiring relationships. So beautiful. Not everyone, though. Some people in my life are married and just kind of live the day. Not necessarily being intentional about valuing that other person.... letting it go unsaid and perhaps unfelt.

But it is so encouraging to see. And I wonder if I've ever been in that position in my life. I think I have. Rob and I had a relationship like that at one point. But we slipped into the unintentional floating-through-life syndrome. I never want to slip into that again. I have hope. I know that one day, I will be settled in a balanced relationship with my best friend and our relationship will be so good and so balanced that it will be evident to the people around us. Not to say that anything will be perfect. But it will be beautiful.

1 comment:

MotoMax said...

I know how you feel. I am broken this way, but it does not mean I cannot see the beauty when two people love one another. . . and it comes out of their very being. I look forward to feeling this again someday. . . .