Monday, June 16, 2008

Muck of Assumption

Being female. Sometimes it's really beautiful and sometimes it crumples up my mind and makes me crazy. Apparently we are really good at observing human behavior. I guess we are skilled at measuring and identifying emotion. And I do this quite well, according to a scientific brain gender test, found online of course. ; ) Most of the time, I can sense emotion accurately and I can make logical decisions based on what I see. But every now and then... every 27 days, perhaps... I make assumptions on what I see and let myself get all tangled up in confusion and lameness. And all it takes is a little conversation to clear it up.

One of the things I've learned since my divorce is how absolutely vital communication is to a relationship. I believe that's why my marriage failed and I've become committed to never let that issue tangle up my relationships. I've become more up front. More direct. And less sensitive to issues that I used to take personally. I feel pretty good about it. But then there are weekends like this, where I just sit in the muck of my assumption and try to plug on. Uggh. Max pulled me out of it, and for that I was thankful. He is so gentle and passionate about keeping everything open. I love that about him. He is so irritatingly irresistable. ; ) Bastard.

No comments: