Friday, May 30, 2008

Las Fiestas

The last time I had a party at my house was two years ago. Rob and I had just moved into the house we bought. It was super fun. Lots of great friends all over the place eating and boozing and writing inappropriate phrases with magnet poetry on the wall. I had a great time.

So, I don't really know why it's taken so long to have people over again. For a time, after Rob and I split up, I really didn't have a ton of people who I would have invited over. I lost a ton of friends during the split. And now, I'm back on my feet and feeling great about life and love. I am grateful to have such incredible people in my life who have stood by me through all the terrible and seen me through to today... which has its own triumphs and struggles. But it's time, isn't it? To celebrate these people, to celebrate life and summer, to celebrate new people and neighbors, to dance on the grass and to blow smoke into the night. To stop. To take a moment to love the people around me. It's time! So I will fill my belly with mojito and watch the firelight dance across the faces of people that I adore. It is them that make my days alive and I love them.

No comments: