Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Happy. Now for the hard part.

Adam's deploying. Real soon. And I've settled into it. It was really hard a few weeks ago. Every now and then I get sad. I've never had to deal with anything like this. But there are lots of great things to look forward to. We get this weekend together. We get our anniversary. We get Thanksgiving. Then nine months of e-mail and Skype and letters and packages. I don't even know how to do any of that. But we will be together. That's comforting. I can't imagine packing up and ending everything now.

Adam is wonderful. He is a thoughtful, conscientious, and wise leader. He is committed and responsible. I am so excited to be his girl. I am blessed.

1 comment:

Ashleigh Peanutpepper said...

Sending you love and tons of hugs as you go through this difficult chapter.

I can tell you from personal experience, and my own brief "interlude" where I was estranged from Landon yet could still talk to him on the phone, write, etc... only solidified the reminder that some men are worth waiting for.