Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Financial Venting

I worked this summer to get free of debt. I got one credit card paid off and that's a huge deal. That's the best thing I've done for myself financially probably in my entire life. So, I thought I was doing well. Well, my renters are moving out of my house a month early. And I realized I don't have enough in savings to return their deposit to them. So not only will I have to likely pay my mortgage this month, plus my rent, but I will also owe my renters their deposit. I am freaking out.

After the divorce, I just was completely stupid. Now, I'm wishing that I had established myself so I had some sort of savings. Anything. I have nothing. When I think about monthly budgeting decisions, it seems too stressful to think about, and then it comes down to something big like this and I am screwed. The thing about this is it's not like a car repair where I can just put it on credit. I need some sort of cash to give back to them. What am I going to do?

1 comment:

Ashleigh Peanutpepper said...

First, deep breaths!

Second! Most renters receive their deposits within 90 days. Depending on your relationship with them, you can either tell them why they're waiting and/or just thank them for their patience. They'll get it when the books are processed. That always sounds good. :)

Practice repeating after me: Money comes frequently and easily. Also, it's never too late to begin having your way with finances. Don't let them bully you. (finances, that is) :)