Sunday, March 16, 2008

Feminine Radiance

Feminine radiance is everywhere... in the feel of the sun on my skin... in the scent of a spring breeze... in the gentle gait of a confident woman. It emanates beauty. Magnificent beauty. And every being in the presence of this femininity is changed. What a glorious picture of true woman.

"When a woman is relaxed in her feminine radiance, she is like beautiful music or a warm ocean breeze"... another quote from David Deida’s book, The Way of the Superior Man.

This week there were some instances of tension in my life and I felt myself falling into a more masculine response of aggression. And I felt like in that moment, I was losing my essence and my beauty. Anyone that knows me knows that I am a fairly masculine-ish woman... at least I think I am. I feel fairly level-headed about my emotions... I like to be covered in dirt... I spit (very well, by the way). But it doesn’t mean that I lack femininity. I still exude a very genuine feminine spirit... of classic and quiet strength (at least that is my hope). And in this moment, I felt that I needed to encourage that feminine nature to rise up and overcome my momentary frustration. To allow me to settle peacefully into my own moment and to force myself to be fully present in the moment in the way that I wanted to be. And I didn’t want to exhibit aggression or frustration. I wanted to exhibit steady, consistent beauty and unshakable-ness.

Now, it worked, I think. But I wonder if I wasn’t being real with myself... having to force a response that wasn’t natural. Hmmm...

No comments: